15 Best universities for Earth science / Geoscience / Geophysics in Russia
Below is a list of best universities in Russia ranked based on their research performance in Earth science and Geophysics. A graph of 40K citations received by 2.98K academic papers made by 15 universities in Russia was used to calculate publications' ratings, which then were adjusted for release dates and added to final scores.
We don't distinguish between undergraduate and graduate programs nor do we adjust for current majors offered. You can find information about granted degrees on a university page but always double-check with the university website.
1. Moscow State University
2. St. Petersburg State University
3. Novosibirsk State University
4. Tomsk State University
5. Irkutsk State University
6. Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University
7. Southern Federal University
8. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
9. Murmansk State Technical University
10. Kazan Federal University
11. Siberian Federal University
12. National Research Nuclear University MEPI
13. Far Eastern Federal University
14. National Research University Higher School of Economics
15. Tomsk Polytechnic University
The best cities to study Earth science and Geophysics in Russia based on the number of universities and their ranks are Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Novosibirsk, and Tomsk.